Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Concordville, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Call Center Manager
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Location: Glen Mills, PA (20 mins from Philadelphia, PA)
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Serves customers by planning and implementing call center strategies and operations, improving systems and processes, and managing staff.
TARGETS IMPROVEMENTS LISTED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Customer focus, customer service, verbal communication, informing others, process improvement, problem solving, people skills, teamwork, people management, managing processes, emphasizing excellence.
- Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Develops call center systems by developing customer interaction and voice response systems, and voice networks; designing user interfaces; developing and executing user acceptance test plans; planning and controlling implementations.
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
FORMAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
Post high school: BS/BA Degree Preferred
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Minimum of ten years experience working in a call center, with at least five years as a Call Center Manager.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be proficient with PC application software.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Must be self-directed, highly organized, detail oriented and competitive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to gain the trust and respect of customers while maintaining integrity and a strong work ethic.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.