Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA as well. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Reports To: Head of Purchasing
POSITION SUMMARY DISCRIPTION
Manages day to day strategic Purchasing and inventory control, manage the execution of NPD & sourcing projects on behalf of the Purchasing Depart in collaboration with Cross Function team. Based out of Glen Mills, PA with regular travel within United States and other locations where major suppliers are located.
- Leading Procurement activities on New Product development,
- Manage Cost saving and Purchasing related continuous improvement projects;
- Negotiation of contractual and commercial terms; Seek new suppliers to PPG
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the day to day operations for strategic purchasing, new product sourcing and continuous improvement projects, in close co-operation with Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Generation of project plan and agree content with Stakeholders.
- Ensure project progress is in line with requirements of plan.
- Contribution of appropriate personal expertise to facilitate the delivery of the project.
- Introduction of specific expertise where required
- Input to and support the research and analysis of proposed out-sourcing and in-sourcing initiatives.
- Plan & Manage material forecasts, stock and inventory turns to best practice of inventory control.
- Develop regional supply-base expertise – maintain a broad view and strong understanding of regional supply opportunities and specialisms, ensuring the business benefits from lowest total costs at acceptable and manageable levels of risk.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers – lead team to qualify against Company’s requirements.
- Facilitate transfer of definitive purchasing specification from Business Unit to supplier.
- Conduct or facilitate supplier price and contractual negotiations.
- Supplier development – utilizing best practice tools and techniques including assessment, improvement and measurement processes.
- Assist in resolving supply issues, proactively recommending and driving improvement activity to avoid recurrence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills – effective at all levels of both supplier and organizations.
- Effective project management skills, including associated tools and techniques.
- Good working knowledge quality assurance standards, tools and statistical techniques.
- Sound understanding of international logistics.
- Sound understanding of business finance principles and processes
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Balanced approach to speed-to-action
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
- Hands-on management style
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, CPM or CPSM
- > 5 years’ experience of Purchasing or Supply Chain management
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a balance of both commercial (business) skills and technical expertise, ideally from a purchasing background with experience of working in the Chinese and/or South East Asian supplier base.\
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.