Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates one key location in Concordville, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Location: Concordville, PA or Remote Location
Reporting to: Vice President – Marketing and Product Management
PPG is seeking a Market Segment Lead to lead one of PPG’s three main market segments. The incumbent will develop and implement the growth strategy, optimize the value proposition to win market share, and drive commercialization with a targeted customer base. The incumbent will spearhead the understanding of the target customer in order to develop core marketing insights and position PPG for competitive advantage. The incumbent defines the customer profile, customer needs and customer feedback across the entire organization and acts as the “voice of the customer”.
The Market Segment Lead’s responsibilities include:
- Create a 3 year marketing strategy for the segment that captures share growth and inspires the organization to meet the growth targets
- Develop the annual marketing plan and financial targets for the segment
- Deliver the annual financial targets including sales growth, gross margin and variable contribution
- Refine the relevant value propositions based on market trends and evolution; continuously refine the winning combination of products, services, programs and promotions to align with the multi-year vision
- Manage the segment portfolio and pricing to achieve financial targets
- Develop and deliver a rolling 24 month NPD roadmap in line with product management, sales, operations and finance
- Develop sound, articulate communication plans which support the segment strategy
- Identify and assist in the development and closure of new business targets with PPG’s commercial teams
- Monitor market trends and conduct competitive analysis to consistently report findings to senior management
The ideal candidate will:
- Deliver a 3-year Segment Strategy with CEO approval to achieve market share and financial targets
- Achieve annual financial targets for sales, gross margin and variable contribution for the Segment
- Lead product/services/program commercialization to achieve project ROI targets and NP vitality targets for the Segment
- Manage pilot tests and national roll-out of new offers and value proposition enhancements
- The successful candidate must have the following experience and capabilities:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing with increasing responsibility for strategic and operating initiatives in combination with 5 years of experience in product marketing and/or channel marketing.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with project management and cross-functional teams to achieve commercial milestones and business results
- Track record of hitting sales targets, budgets and other financial targets
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing and distribution sales models with an understanding of B2B selling dynamics.
- Experience generating marketing analytics and business insights to shape investment proposals.
- Experience partnering with engineering, sales and other functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Successful candidates will also possess these professional attributes:
- High intellectual curiosity
- High energy and passion for the business
- Strategic mindset to create competitive advantage via key choices
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Data-driven with performance, insights and proposals
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a range of colleagues
- High adaptability in an environment with significant change
- Ability to travel (10-25%) for customer research, key sales calls, trade events and other exploratory visits
Successful PPG employees align with our corporate values:
- High integrity
- Customer centric
- Execution oriented