Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Associate
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
LOCATION: Glen Mills, PA
The Warehouse Associate performs all the duties required to prepare material for shipment, process material for shipment, material movement and storage. Perform all functions associated with the receiving processes and replenishment processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate weigh counting, hand counting, picking, and delivering of materials as required on pick lists of all types or the written or verbal instructions of the appropriate supervisor or manager. Complete the receiving and storage of material in a manner that prevents damage to material or equipment and maintains the accuracy of the inventory control system, including stock locations, etc. Break down incoming materials according to established stocking unit sizes, determine new or revised stocking unit sizes as required.
- Complete forms as required for timely data entry. Complete responsibility for the movement of materials into and out of the bulk storage areas.
- Perform required functions to prepare and package products for safe shipping (including the shipping process required by UPS, US Mail, freight, and other shipping methods) and or storage. Make all required entries on pick lists or other inventory transaction forms and turn in forms for data entry in a timely manner.
- Prepare Bills of Lading or other shipping documents as required or instructed by Supervisor.
- Perform required functions to complete the receiving process, including unloading trucks, processing documents, creating receipts, etc.
- Utilize order pick list or other inventory transaction forms to obtain materials required for job from storage as needed or to replenish materials utilized in their area. Must have a working knowledge of all inventory transaction forms and documents.
- Perform cycle counts and stock location audits as required. Assist in the investigation and corrective action associated with these audits.
- Recognize obvious irregularities in process or function including defect in parts, inventory quantity or location, and documentation (such as, inaccurate address, wrong part number, etc.) and make necessary corrections. Notify Supervisor of these or any other recurring operating problems.
- Keep all tools and equipment in good working order.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping in assigned work area and general warehouse operations.
- Comply with Company Standard Procedures.
- Work under good manufacturing and safety practices.
- Complete forms and records required for product tractability, quality control, time and attendance, inventory transactions, work order reporting, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, including work orders, shipping tickets, Bills of Lading, receiving tickets, etc.
- Must be able to use all electronic and manual scales. Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Window based operations as it relates to inventory control and shipping functions and perform basic clerical tasks associated with these functions.
- Must be able to regularly lift or carry up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to frequently move material over 100 hundred pounds with appropriate manual equipment.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to operate equipment, tools, parts, etc.
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to use all Warehouse and Shipping equipment, including, stretch wrap machine, label printer, etc. with appropriate training and education.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred. Must be able to demonstrate ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematics.
- Work environment is general warehouse conditions.