Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA as well. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Quality Inspector
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Reports To: QC Manager
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The Quality Inspector is responsible for the inspection and release of incoming finished product and components of finished products. Conduct in-process inspections. Assist in the evaluation of product issues and support the New Product Development department.
- Documented inspection of incoming materials ensuring quality product delivered at the customer level.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform incoming, in-process and finished product inspections by way of visual, dimensional and functional testing.
- Generate Non-Conforming Material Reports by using template.
- Generate Product Issue Reports
- Associate is responsible to follow requirements of the Quality Management System; including but not limited to: process controls, inspection procedures, document/data control, and change control practices.
- Generating ISIR and PPAP blanks with templates
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist the New Product Development department as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, able to use 3D models is a plus.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Must be able to utilize basic engineering measuring tools such as dial caliper, micrometer, steel rule & tape measure.
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Balanced approach to speed-to-action
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
- Hands-on management style
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Associates degree in Engineering related field or equivalent 3 years above related experience/training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written & verbal skills are essential.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Basic computer and MS Office skills required
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of plumbing products, inspection tools, and ability to interpret engineering drawings.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Requires knowledge with tools used in the plumbing industry.