Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA as well. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Production Planner
Location: Conway, SC
Reports To: Director of Fulfillment
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The Production Planner will handle the planning, scheduling, and releasing of production orders for Manufacturing and Assembly. They will focus on our business model, provide backup support for production, and oversee warehouse transfers and stock balances between our warehouses.
- Maintain current production and timelines for manufactured finished goods
- Maintain proper stock levels between warehouse locations and scheduling of transfers
- Assist / Backup Operational planning for WB assembly
- Assist / Backup Operational planning for WB – OEM materials and shipping of materials
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles the daily planning, releasing, execution, and close-out of manufacturing orders in the plant
- Support all material transfers between our warehouses
- Cross-train and handle operation backup for production and OEM planning and execution
- Order backlog review and releasing of sales materials for fulfillment to support operation KPI goals for fill-rate and split shipments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Experience with production planning in manufacturing environment
- Warehouse experience is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with associates/management
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions/work procedures/safety rules
- Ability to operate various office equipment as needed
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Balanced approach to speed-to-action
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
- Hands-on management style
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Degree in Business preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Must be able to use basic manufacturing and distribution tools and equipment
- Must follow established safety practices and correct unsafe work practices on the job by informing the supervision of potential risks
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted. Must be able to walk while carrying tools, parts, materials, bins, etc.
- Must be comfortable wearing all leather work shoes or equivalent, safety eyewear, and occasional process or equipment specific personal protective equipment as required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.
Job Type: Full-time