Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Concordville, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Reports to: Product Project Manager
Location: Concordville, PA
The Product Project Specialist is responsible for aiding the Project Management and Quality Assurance areas with daily tasks and administrative duties. This role serves as a support function for new product development and QLE engineering projects from inception to completion.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides administrative support to Project Management and Quality Assurance to include but not limited to file organization, creation of inspection templates, project close-out reports, recording of meeting dialogue and data entry
- Works with project manager to ensure marketing has received all materials from NPD & Operational Engineering to launch new products or make changes to existing products
- Owns the sample process through accurate tracking and disposition
- Champion of the product development process, guiding projects through the stage gates and ensuring all requirements are met to successfully launch the product.
- Leads and works with cross-functional teams on special projects as assigned such as sustainable product packaging, special finish development and product labeling projects.
- Organize and lead cross-functional team on continuous improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Engineering, or Project/Product Management or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of two 1 to 2 years’ experience as a Product/Project Coordinator, Engineering Intern or related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, is a plus
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and Product Development processes along with the ability to read dimensional and product specification drawings preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, general business knowledge, multi-tasking ability, strong interpersonal communication skills and flexibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.