Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Product Project Manager
Reports To: VP – Engineering & Supply Chain
Location: Glen Mills, PA
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Product Project Manager is responsible for running the company’s product projects, both NPD and continuous improvements and will serve as a central source of information for the cross-functional departments involved in the projects. This individual is also responsible for labeling information and is also a member of the Data governance team. This individual will operate as the Project Manager for New Product Development (NPD) and QLE Engineering projects leading the team, performing analysis, tracking, research & communication functions essential for the successful launch of new product & resourcing product implementation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring, tracking & reporting the progress of projects through the New Product Development (NPD) and QLE projects.
- Champion of the product development process, guiding projects through the stage gates.
- Communicating and collaborating with Marketing, sales to keep cross function team aligned.
- Assist Associate VP Engineering & Supply Chain on company strategy of new product development.
- Works with cross-functional teams on special projects as assigned such as sustainable product packaging, special finish development and product labeling projects.
- Organize, lead meetings for updating status, discussing project scopes, reviewing product strategies.
- Serves as project manager monitoring, tracking & reporting the progress of projects through the New Product Development (NPD) and QLE projects.
- Develops relationships with global vendors communicating actions and feedback related to New Product/resourcing projects.
- Works with marketing to ensure they have received all materials from NPD & Operational Engineering to launch new products or make changes to existing products.
- Develops & distributes project close out reports detailing key milestones and lessons learned.
- In conjunction with the Operational Engineering Manager, performs product lifecycle analysis to identify opportunities for improvements to our existing products.
- Provides support on custom product projects, laying out details and determining resources required.
- Understanding of the competitive landscape for plumbing, fashion plumbing, safety & showering in our key target markets of hospitality, commercial-industrial & e-comm.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors in Business Administration
- Must have 3 – 5 years experience within Project/Product Management, Marketing, Product/Project Coordinator or equivalent work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong written & verbal interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, is a plus
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes and product development is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills, general business knowledge, multi-tasking ability, strong interpersonal communication skills and flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.