Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Reports To: Senior CAD Technician
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The CAD/Engineering & Lab Technician is responsible for running & managing the Speakman testing laboratory. The ELT has a clear understanding of applicable plumbing codes & standards which Speakman products are tested against, ensuring that the lab has appropriate testing equipment & procedures for testing products. The ELT in conjunction with the NPD & QLE team develops and carries out testing plans for the development of new products as well as products with field quality issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs NPD & QLE product testing including but not limited to lifecycle testing, destructive failure mode testing, etc.
- Develops clear & thorough reports from testing data & maintains the library of these files in the EPDM system.
- Maintains a clean & organized lab including maintenance of all testing equipment. Performing regular testing & calibration of equipment to ensure all equipment is working properly.
- Applies technical skill and creative abilities to design & build new testing equipment and fixtures as needed to perform testing required for product projects.
- Responsible for the procurement, fabrication and validation of equipment used within the lab.
- Cultivate & maintain in-house and outside resources for obtaining or fabrication of equipment required.
- Provides suggestions/recommendations to improvements/equipment related to testing.
- Provide CAD support to Operational Engineering department as a draftman
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be able to create models & detailed drawings and effectively translate these files into manufacturable items.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop clear testing procedures and reports.
- Must be able to utilize basic engineering measuring tools such as dial caliper, micrometer, steel rule & tape measure.
- Must be training in the use of the model shop machining equipment including but not exclusive to Lathe, Bridgeport Mill & Drill press.
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.Strong written & verbal interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, standards and codes, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- High integrity.
- High intellectual curiosity.
- High passion for results.
- Strong resiliency.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness.
- Entrepreneurial instincts and orientation.
- Hands-on management personality.
- Process oriented and data driven.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Associates degree in related field required.
- 1 – 2 years related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively within the project timeline.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization & with vendors (both written and oral) in a clear & professional manner.
- Ability to put together documents & materials for presentations and training.
- Ability to successfully support other Speakman departments with product related technical requests.
- Completion of duties on-time and accurately.
- Review of major accomplishments and contributions to the success of the Operational Engineering Department & Speakman Company.
- Evaluation of employee using Speakman CATT metrics (evaluation by manager).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function:
- Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires manual dexterity.
- ufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Requires knowledge with tools used in the plumbing industry.