JOIN OUR CUSTOMER-CENTRIC SALES TEAM. WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN THE AREA.
Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates two key locations in Glen Mills, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Director, Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
Reports to: CSO
Location: Central Region of the United States
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The RSM leads the company’s efforts to maintain and expand relationships cultivating and manage relationships with District Sales Managers, Territory Managers, Account Managers, Business Development Managers and Managers in Training. Works hand in hand with Customer Service, Marketing and other support departments both inside and outside the company. Represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customer’s needs and expectations are met by the company. Increases end-user demand by implementing our strategic sales APP plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and achieve results through others.
- Be strategic, organized and technologically savvy in your approach to managing team.
- Bring high-level problem solving, quantitative analysis and strong systems applications skills (including intermediate Excel).
- Understand financial reporting and have the ability to analyze business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
- Possess strong customer focus, and the ability to manage change.
- Demonstrate a track record of successful internal partner relationships that result in the achievement of sales and operations objectives.
- Be committed to life-long learning.
- Manage all office duties including, but not limited to the following: sales results, financial reporting, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for revenue, margin, and expense management, leading to Region performance, P/L sales responsibility.
- Lead, direct, and manage the sales team and rep agencies in accordance with the strategies and tactics of the Region.
- Responsible for achieving Regional sales targets.
- Responsible for the coordination of ongoing comprehensive product training to all channel partners.
- Monitor and analyze field sales reports, interpret results, and take corrective action to achieve sales targets.
- Assist in the preparation of annual and monthly sales forecast and sales targets.
- Develop new business opportunities within various channel segments.
- Ensure position objectives are implemented diligently and professionally.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES IN THE FIRST 12 MONTHS
- Upgrade sales staff.
- Increase sales productivity per sales person.
Formal Education & Training:
Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
Background & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales experience with at least 5 in a senior leadership role.
- Successful sales management, leading a group of 20+ sales professionals to include manufacturer’s rep agencies.
- Minimum scope of $15M.
- Demonstrated, verifiable record of delivering better than market growth through business cycles.
- Strong leadership skills to lead, challenge and motivate a sales team for breakthrough performance.
- Strong analytical skills, both metrics and market – able to identify root cause and develop appropriate solutions.
- Strategic planning with strong execution skills.
- Ability to assess new talent accurately.
- Industry knowledge including, but not limited to contractors, plumbers, a plus.
- Ability to embrace and positively respond to aggressive sales goals in a dynamic market environment.
- Ability to work with field sales people with both the end user contractors, institutions, and alternate channels.
- Ability to work well with Inside Sales.
- Proven ability to deal with customers and to negotiate appropriate outcomes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting to senior management.
- Capable of leading positive change.
- Implement plans for sales of the region to achieve targets.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Ability to manage personnel to foster business and grow
Requisite Qualifications-Technical Skills:
- Industry experience with building materials products sold to plumbing contractors, commercial and institutional end-users.
- Strong business acumen.
- Sales P&L (revenues, margins & expenses) .
- Strong work ethic, self -motivated.
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence (be able to connect with suppliers, customers and team).
- Relationship building and strong team player.
Special Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous experience with CRM software desired.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently (Up to 75%).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Must be self-directed, highly organized, detail oriented and competitive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to gain the trust and respect of customers while maintaining integrity and a strong work ethic.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.