Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA as well. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
Position Title: Director of Product Management
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Reports To: VP, Marketing
POSITION SUMMARY DISCRIPTION
The Director of Product Management is responsible for all functions related to the lifecycle of the PPG product lines, working in conjunction with the cross-functional product development, QLE, sales and marketing teams to ensure the PPG product offering is the right mix of products at the right price points for various sales channels.
- Robust portfolio of new and innovative products
- Sales growth driven by new product launches
- Competitive product features, pricing and value
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives overall product vision, strategy and mix for all verticals in partnership with the Market Segment Leaders and the VP Marketing.
- Develops and manages business plans for new products, product licensing, product modifications,
and line extensions.
- Develops and maintains a 3-year new product schedule to enhance PPG’s revenue potential and competitive positioning. Manages product lifecycle and works with the Market Segment Leaders to price and promote the product to the target customer.
- Develops product scopes based on market insights and data. Monitors adherence to product scopes throughout the product development process.
- Executes go-to-market elements for pricing, packaging, distribution, timing, etc. for all new
- Tracks market pricing and adjusts PPG prices to ensure products remain competitive.
- Reports on the competitive landscape and identifies key macro and micro trends to establish market opportunity for new products.
- Owns the quality of PPGs product content that feeds into internal and external printed and digital assets..
- Manages new product training to internal and external customers.
- Establishes KPI’s & regular reporting for product vitality, lifecycle management, and product margins.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- 7-10+ years in product/assortment management, planning, marketing or equivalent
- Knowledge of the plumbing industry
- Working knowledge of product marketing and/or product management
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments.
- Ability to exercise judgment.
- High integrity
- High energy and resiliency
- Passion for results
- Critical thinking skills to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Balanced approach to speed-to-action
- Process oriented and reliance on data-driven solutions
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
- Hands-on management style
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Marketing, Management, or Design
- 3-5 years of experience
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel 15%
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.