Professional Plumbing Group (“PPG”) manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. The company is headquartered in Conway, SC, and operates in Glen Mills, PA. PPG has started a transformation process into an agile, solution-oriented organization with best-in-class sales capabilities. Professional Plumbing Group is a portfolio company of Dunes Point Capital (DPC).
POSITION TITLE: Customer Experience Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, Relationship Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service/ SPO
LOCATION: Glen Mills, PA
The Customer Experience Manager will manage day-to-day operations and supervise a large team. They will monitor individual CSRs performances, and provides coaching and mentoring as necessary. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving conflicts; employee engagement and retention; employee growth and development; and process improvement.
- Recruit Customer Service staff as needed and manage their training schedule
- Direct Management of Customer Service Representatives
- Ensure that all customer-reported issues are acknowledged, documented and status updates are communicated in a timely fashion
- Continue to improve customer service department training, policies, and procedures
DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES:
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to achieve world class customer experience through demonstrated ability to balance department efficiency and service excellence.
- Maintain and improve upon Service as a corporate competitive advantage with a willingness and desire to create team learning and growth and to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment.
- Manage day-to-day customer service operations and supervising 15 employees.
- Interview, hire, and train new employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Monitor individual performances and provide coaching and mentoring as necessary.
- Ensure that CS Agents are held to a high standard of attendance and establish measurable goals for the Team Leads and measure effectiveness to ensure continuous growth.
- Address complaints, resolve conflicts, own employee engagement and retention, and own employee developments with processes and improvements.
- Ensure each customer contact is handled in a manner consistent with the brand and values to maintain customer satisfaction and retention.
- Work with technical staff to ensure that customer’s long-standing and/or complex problems are resolved in a timely fashion
- Define, create, monitor, and create reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer service supervisory or management role; 5-8 years (preferred)
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and deliver requested output timely and accurately
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance
- Highly technical competencies with Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Positive and strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work with others