Position Title: Chief Revenue Officer
Reports to: CEO
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Key role on the senior leadership team of a privately held company in the early stages of transformation. Strategic, tactical and managerial leadership of the Marketing & Sales functions to drive revenue growth for PPG.
PPG has a clear vision and strategic plan to transform its business model into a Customer First distributor dedicated to high service levels and omni-channel marketing. With a history over 120 years as a trade-only specialist under the Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster brands, PPG has a product list over 23,000 items and services thousands of customers in all 50 states.
Key deliverables are financial results of Sales Growth, Gross Profit and Contribution Margin and strategic results of go-to-market transformation and organization development.
Direct Reports Include: General Sales Managers, Business Development Lead, National Account Executive, Product Marketer, and Online Channel Marketer.
Ideal candidate has experience as a GM, COO or large role VP in Sales/Marketing.
- Transform the go-to-market sales model from product/niche selling to program/consultative selling.
- Establish omni-channel support to maximize customer engagement.
- Control the 3 Ps of Sales – People, Process and Performance Management.
- Develop sales programs, measures and awards to deliver interim and annual goals.
- Own National Account relationships and account-level agreements.
- Manage four regional general managers and develop their management acumen.
- Collaborate with Talent Development (HR) to recruit, train and coach the salesforce.
- Understand financial reporting and have the ability to analyze business needs, costs — budget, and economic earnings.
- Transform the go-to-market model form product/niche marketing to program/integrated marketing.
- Control 4 Ps of Marketing – Product, Price, Promotion and Place (Channel).
- Plan, direct and coordinate marketing policies and programs.
- Develop a Pricing Strategy with the CEO to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Oversee product development team to deliver expansive launches.
- Manage 3 marketing managers for product, online and channel functions.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
Formal Education & Training:
College degree required.
Background & Experience
Extensive sales and marketing experience with 3-7 years in a senior leadership role.
Team leader in a transformation or turnaround environment.
Demonstrated track record of growing market share in competitive industries.
P&L responsibility and senior level responsibilities.
Private equity experience or company with intensive financial reporting.
Special Qualifications and Requirements:
Able and willing to travel frequently
Possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
Must pass background check and pre-employment drug test.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CRM implementation or utilization preferred.
Requisite Qualifications-Technical Skills.
Strong business acumen
P&L responsibility (revenue, margins & expenses)
Strong work ethic, self-motivated.
Intellectual and emotional intelligence (connect with suppliers, customers and team)
Relationship building and strong team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, drive, stand and sit; use a computer and phone. The employee is frequently required to type, talk and hear.